…we KNOW Christ continues!

We had our Embassy Exit interview today.  We sat and waited.  We went through the step-by-step process.  Josh and I were interviewed and then Shabila’s birth parents were interviewed.

And then we were denied Shabila’s US VISA.

We were at the end of the process and it is just now that we are made aware that something at the beginning of the process was not done.  Something so important that it may cost us our child.

It is the type of circumstance where legality trumps the child’s welfare.  Just because one document was neglected to be completed the whole case is shot.

Our case is now being submitted to Homeland Security through USCIS in DC to see if they can give a different opinion, but she warned us that we would most likely get the same answer.

So, what do we do now?  Well, we sit here in a coffee shop, thankful for so much help and support from new friends to help with our kids, so we can beg for your prayers.

Josh and I are out of words.   We feel stuck.  We feel out of options.  And we need your prayers.  If our case gets turned down by Homeland security our case will then be submitted to the Nairobi court system which, in the words of our agency director, “is a lengthy black hole”. It could be months if not a year (or more) IF she is even allowed to be part of our family.

I feel as if we have been told one of our children is terminally ill and may not make it!

Do they not see that she has been abandoned?  Do they not see that she has been in this babies home since she was 9 months old.  Do they not see that her parents are too ill (dying, actually) that they CANNOT care for her.  Do they not see what it will do to her to finally get her out of a babies home and into a real family, live with them for 2 months, only to be forced to be abandoned again because our country will not allow her to come home with us?

We need a real miracle!  We need your prayers.  The consultant at the Embassy reassured us that she will contact us either on Thursday or Friday with the verdict.

I have a 2-year-old that needs me, 2 other children that need to go home , not to mention that I enter my 3rd trimester tomorrow!  I already told Josh I’d have this baby here, but that didn’t go over so well with the Ugandans, so I am still planning on coming home on Sunday…without my support (Josh) and baby.

So, again, we are literally on our knees, and you better believe that tears have been flowing today.

Will you pray for a miracle with us.  We don’t know how much longer we can hang on…

Advertisements